Wednesday, 25 March 2015

March Favourites: Beauty

God it seems like absolutely ages since I’ve done a favourites post, here are a few of the beauty things that I’ve loved this month!




Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Foundation
I bought this in January as I was looking for a moisturising foundation that would last me all day – this certainly does the job! It has a really lightweight formula that doesn’t make my skin feel clogged up, albeit the formula can make the foundation a little messy to put on as its quite light and runny. I don’t know whether this is because I bought the serum one – but my housemate bought the regular one and she has reported back pretty much the same things that I thought. Also the smell! This foundation smells amazing. Normally I like an unscented foundation – but when I put this on it genuinely made me feel hungry all day it smelt that good. I wrote a little more about this in my My Foundation Collection post.


Benefit Roller Lash
I bought this in the Elle Magazine promotion in late January – and I can honestly say that I have worn it every day since – it has completely overtaken Lancome’s Hypnose mascara as my favourite. The formula ensures that there are no clumps in my lashes, it lifts, curls and lengthens the lashes – seriously when I read about it I thought yeah right? Well Benefit has completely had me eating my words – without a doubt one of my favourite beauty products this month. Well done Benefit. Well done.



Benefit Hoola Bronzer
Just a beauty staple in my books. I have loved this bronzer since I got it in a magazine promotion years and years and years ago and only recently rediscovered it when I went to work at Benefit over Christmas. Since then it has been my every day bronzer. I use it for literally everything – all over colour, contouring, the crease in my eyes – its just fab. I love the fact that it doesn’t have a shimmer to it as many bronzers do, I just prefer that – and that it gives a really lovely bronze shade rather than being super orange!


Sleek Blush “Flushed”
I bought this as kind of a winter Blusher in early December – then completely forgot about it until late January – typical! This deep red with a tiny touch of pink is absolutely gorgeous over my Hoola Bronzer – a perfect finishing touch. A word of warning with this though – if you do buy it, it is very pigmented – so use a very light hand to apply it and you will get that lovely “flushed” look.


MUA “Undress Your Skin Shimmer Highlighter”

MUA as a brand is seriously underrated in my opinion. Obviously some aspects of the range are better than others – but you get that with any brand – and they’re all so bloody cheap! This highlighter gives an amazing pearly glow to the tips of my cheekbones – considering that this highlighter only cost £3 – the pigmentation is what I would expect from a much more expensive brand. It definitely is one of my favourite products ever.


Benefit Hoola Bronzer; Sleek Blush in Flushed; MUA "Undress Your Skin Shimmer Highlighter"

So theres what I've been loving this month, what're your new favourites?
Don't forget to follow me on bloglovin'!

2 comments:

  1. Brilliant Post :) - I've just brought the Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation the normal one and I'm contemplating getting the serum version shortly. Check out my review - https://beckyandtheblog.wordpress.com/2015/03/25/bourjois-healthy-mix-foundation/ and let me know what you think :)

    ReplyDelete