Wednesday, 6 May 2015

My Summer Makeup

Today’s post will be about what I pack in my makeup bag to give me my failsafe summer makeup look. I like to keep my makeup pretty light and natural in summer, because lets face it, when it gets sunny and a bit sweaty, I don’t want that really heavy make up clogging up my pores.



In my makeup bag I pack:

Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum; Shade 52
Korres Powder; Shade MVP5
Lasting perfection concealer; Shade 1
MUA Blusher; Shade Candyfloss
L’oréal Glam Bronze Eau De Soleil
Soap and Glory Hocus Focus Illuminator
Maybelline Colour Tattoo; Shade 98
Roller Lash Mascara
Maybelline Brow Satin; Shade Medium Brown
Kiko Kiss Balm; Shade 06



First I go in with my healthy mix foundation. Using this in summer is so great, as it gives a nice glow to the skin without too much shine. Because I use the serum version, it’s also quite a light coverage, meaning that it won’t be too heavy on my skin. This smells so good as well, the perfect summers scent.

My lasting perfection concealer is just the standard staple that never leaves my bag. Although it is a heavier coverage, it’s still my favourite – as you can probably see from the fact that the label has nearly worn off…
Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation Serum, Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer

A good mattifying powder is a summer essential. Especially for throughout the day when it gets extra hot and a bit clammy, the powder gets rid of shine superbly. This one has a little bit of colour in it, which matches my foundation, so if my foundation does fade a little over the day, I can add a bit of powder to keep up the coverage.

With the blush I’ve kept it very pink and shimmery. This colour gives a nice bright pop of colour to the cheeks, which is lovely when contrasting with the L’oréal liquid bronzer. I used the bronzer to contour my cheekbones, blending with my Real Techniques Buffing Brush.
MUA Blush, Maybelline Colour Tattoo, L'Oéal Glam Bronze, Soap and Glory Highlighter

In the summer I like to switch up my eye shadows, between going for shimmery metallic colours, and going for natural matte shades. Today I’ve gone for the Maybelline Colour Tattoo in creamy beige, the perfect nude. Ive filled in my brows with Maybelline Brow Satin in Medium Brown. No eyeliner today, but lots of Roller Lash Mascara, for that fluttery lifted eyelash.



On the lips, again it’s another simple product. The Kiko Kiss Balm is amazing, as it has a lovely colour to it, doesn’t feel sticky or claggy like a lip gloss or lipstick would, and its SPF 15 so it’s a little bit protective too!

I’m keeping these in my Ted Baker Make Up bag, all together so that when I’m in a rush I can reach for them immediately. If I’m taking my makeup bag out with me though, I’ll probably take my powder, kiss balm and mascara in my little Benefit cosmetics bag (you can see this in my April Favourites), which is a bit easier to pack in a handbag.





So there’s my little summer make up routine! Let me know in the comments your favourite summer products!


Don’t forget to follow me on bloglovin’!

No comments:

Post a Comment