Tuesday, 30 June 2015

Malin + Gotez Skincare

Oooh, who doesn’t love a freebie? I’m probably so late to the party with this review, but this month Elle has a real delight inside. This little goody bag is from Malin + Gotez, a New York based company dedicated to providing skincare for women and men with sensitive skin. Launched in 2004 the company develops its own formulas blending fruit extract with performance technologies to best treat skin.








In this little pack is the Best selling Grapefruit Cleanser, Vitamin E moisturiser and the Lip Gel.

On first impressions, the packaging is super simple, and looks almost clinical – a bit like the dermalogica packaging.


The grapefruit cleanser synthesises natural grapefruit extract with amino acid based cleansing agents. It comes out as a clear gel formula, which suds a bit when applied to a wet face. I can’t really smell the grapefruit though, which is kind of disappointing, but oh well. First of all I used this to try taking off my make up, and I must say it worked pretty well. My skin was left feeling super clean, which is actually quite a nice change from using my Ultrabland cleanser which is super creamy and thick.


I absolutely love the Vitamin E moisturiser. When I first looked at it I wont lie, I was a bit like oh okay great another moisturiser, but this is literally so good. It has a PH balance for all skin types and contains anti-oxidants, vitamins and B5, chamomile, fatty acids which really soothe the skin. I used it just after I used the grapefruit cleanser, and it sinks in super smooth and leaves my skin feeling lovely and hydrated. I get awful red patches all over my face sometimes – especially when the weather is like this, but this moisturiser didn’t aggravate my skin at all. I love it.


I haven’t really used the lip gel much; I’m more of a balm girl myself. But this is lovely to use after I’ve taken my make up off before I go to bed. The gel is soothing and hydrating, especially now that the days are getting warmer, my lips are becoming increasingly dry. I wont lie, I probably wont buy this once the sample runs out, but for now it’s a lovely treat for my lips – and who knows, it might become my holy grail?!

Overall, I think for the cost of the magazine, getting these little freebies alongside it is just fab. I am in love with the moisturiser, and I will probably buy it after the sample runs out. For the cleanser, it works well, but I feel like in the morning I need something that really will zing me awake, and I don’t really think that this does that.

Have you tried any of Malin + Gomez’ products? Let me know in the comments below.


Don’t forget to follow me on bloglovin’!

10 comments:

  1. I love magazine freebies, sometimes you discover some amazing brands. That`s how I also got a decent collecton of Nail Inc. polishes, otherwise I would not spend that much on one nail polish.

    http://www.beautynerd.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're amazing, but I end up buying just for the freebies hahah!!

      Delete
  2. I'm sure this trio make a perfect skin care routine :) I agree, it's great to find out new brands that way :) xx Maja
    ❤ http://majasmuffin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it's a nice pamper treat :) xx

      Delete
  3. What an awesome freebie! And I love Malin + Goetz!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah they seem really good quality products!x

      Delete
  4. I didn't know this this brand before read this blog post. Thanks for sharing ! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To be honest I hadn't heard of it before I tried these products, but I love them!!xx

      Delete
  5. I'm really glad you like the moisturiser as I've been saving these for on holiday and this is the one I'll be using whilst I'm away! xx

    Jasmine Talks Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh I should've done that but I got too excited haha, yeah definitely do!!xx

      Delete