Thursday, 23 July 2015

Supercat Liner Review

Ooh ive been wanting to try this for so long, and ive finally got my paws on it!! Keep reading to see my review of Soap and Glory Supercat eyeliner.




I’ve been a gel liner lover for the past few years now, I just find that it’s so easy to use. But I’ve always wondered about liquid liner. Getting that feline flick is pretty hard to do with gel liner, it can get a bit clumpy, and using a brush can get down right annoying sometimes, having to clean it after every use. So when I was in Boots the other day browsing in the soap and Glory aisle I saw this Supercat eyeliner, something just came over me and I had to buy it!

Soap and Glory describe Supercat asFeaturing our unique INKJET™ colour release & Gloss–Fix™ finish to give a rich and intense colour. The foolproof marker tip creates two looks - Fine point for a natural look or thick edge adds a dramatic flash! Uses long lasting, long wear pigments plus a high percentage of carbon black for intense colour release.”

When I got home (after taking pictures of it of course) I got it out to test. This felt tip like concept was something that I did find it took a little bit to actually get the hang of. I’m so used to using a brush that when it came to using a pen I found it very strange.

I have to say though, with a little bit of practice, I am in love with this eyeliner.

After the initial few tries it’s actually so easy to use. I usually try and go for a bit of a flick, and the pen means that it literally is like using a felt tip to do your eyeliner – strange concept I know – and doing my eye flick is like coloring in.


It’s so pigmented too, I feel like it only needs one sweep and then its done. The bad side of that though is, if you make a mistake, you can seriously tell, but that’s just my rubbish eyeliner skills.

This eyeliner has some pretty awesome staying power too. I tend to find when I don’t use my gel eyeliner that over the day my eyeliner either disintegrates or smudges so I end up looking like some sort of panda, but this seemed to stay put pretty myuch all day. I do have to be pretty careful when Im rubbing my eyes though (hayfever season) because I made that mistake once and it did literally go everywhere, but on the whole id say it stays put pretty well.


When it comes to taking it off at night, I think its alright depending on what products im using. When I use my Garnier Micellar water it comes off in one sweep im not even kidding, but that make up remover is seriously awesome. When I ran out of my Garnier Water I use my KIKO one and it does still work but I do have to say it takes a couple more sweeps than just the one. But that might say more about the skincare than the eyeliner.


Overall I have to say that I love this eyeliner. I think im still going to be reaching for my gel pot when it comes to things like nights out, btu that’s just because when I’m in a sweaty nightclub I need something that’s pretty dry and will cling to my eyelids. But for everyday wear I think Supercat is my new must-have.

6 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see how you feel about this, I might check it out!

    I just posted summer essentials, skincare routine, and a DIY, so please check it out and follow :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely should its so good!! I definitely will :)

      Delete
  2. I still haven't got round to trying this, you've just reminded me to get it :)

    Alice | Sheer Beautiful | Bloglovin' x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh you definitely should get it!!!xx

      Delete