Monday, 3 August 2015

Current Obsessions on Netflix

Oh my god what would my life be without Netflix. Like seriously, I go on it every day, probably several times every day – even if it’s for about 15 minutes. God reading that I sound like one of the saddest people alive, but honestly I love it. I’m one of those people that finds it really hard to switch off at night, so I usually watch a bit of Netflix before I go to bed just to unwind from the day.



Anyway, enough of my attempts to justify my Netflix addiction, and on to what ive actually been addicted to:

Pretty Little Liars; I know, me and every other person right? I actually started to watch this when it came out in the UK years ago, then only got back into it this year when I was bored at uni (oops big mistake). If you don’t know the plot (where have you been?) basically it starts off as there is this group of friends and one of them goes missing and then the group starts t get these cryptic messages from this mysterious person called “A”. It sounds rubbish, and I wont lie the writing and acting is probably not the best that I have ever seen in my life in the beginning, but it is just so addictive and it all definitely picks up as the series goes along. I cannot stop watching it, and have been glued to my laptop every week recently as new episodes are released on Wednesdays. If you haven’t seen this, you should definitely give it a go.

Once Upon A Time; I don’t even know why I am as obsessed with this TV show as I am. Basically what happened is PLL finished its season, and I experienced that awful void that you only experience once a season is over and desperately needed to findsomething that would take its place – entre Once Upon A Time. I tell you though, I watched all 4 seasons of this show in about 5 weeks, so it is definitely worth a watch. The basic storyline without giving away too many spoilers is that there has been a curse cast on all the fairytale characters that you know and love, which transports them all to present day America. Another one that is definitely worth a watch.

Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt; Oh my god, If you need a pick me up please please watch this. Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt is an amazing comedy created by Tina Fey and Robert Carlock (hilarious pair) and it is like a little ray of sunshine in a load of dark and dramatic shows. The storyline is pretty much that four women have been convinced that the apocalypse has happened and have been trapped in a bunker underground – and are then released 15 years later. It then follows one of the women (Kimmy) adjust to her new life in New York, getting used to all the strange things that have happened while she had been underground.

So there is a quick break down of my recent Netflix addictions. Sadly however I have finished (or am up to date) with all of these series so I am desperately in need of some new shows to binge!

Please let me know your recommendations in the comments!!


Don’t forget to follow me on bloglovin!!

6 comments:

  1. haha I've only just become obsessed with pretty little liars recently since getting netflix. Might have to start on some of your other shows:)
    http://blushinginlife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh god it is so addictive! Yes definitely do :) xx

      Delete
  2. Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt has been on my 'to watch' list for a while, definitely going to have to get onto it as soon as I finish Suits and GOT!

    Thanks for the recommendations!

    X

    Anjelique

    www.anjelique.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have to watch it, it's hilarious! Oooh I really want to get into suits, that'll have to be my next one :) xx

      Delete
  3. Okay, I'm SO over PLL only because I read the book and I feel like they're dragging the show out. I LOVE Once Upon a Time though, and I've never watched Unbreakable, but my sis loves it and it's on my to-watch list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely see where you're coming from with PLL - but I'm too invested to leave now hahah! Yay yes once upon a time is so good!!

      Delete