Friday, 6 November 2015

Bonfire Night

Hello everyone! A little bit of a chattier post today; and a little trip down memory lane. Keep reading to see what the hell I'm going on about.




So as many of my English (and probably every other country) readers know, last night was bonfire night. This night is really special for me in quite a few different ways; first of all, it’s one of my favourite nights of the year. I don’t think there’s anything better than getting all wrapped up in cosy clothes with your friends and all trudging along to a fireworks display. The buzz in the crowd; the excitement of little children; it’s an almost infectious feeling.

Then there’s the actual fireworks, which in themselves are amazing. So many different colour and sounds bursting and whizzing through the air – it truly is spectacular.

Me and my friends from uni went to a display in Gateshead last year, and it was honestly amazing (which is where these pictures came from). This year however we decided to have a quiet one in as a house and just enjoy the fireworks from our little paved garden.

The other major significance of bonfire night (for me) is, this time last year was the day that I decided that I was going to screw what other people thought and start up my blog. I didn’t actually post anything for over a month after, but Bonfire Night was THE night that I started planning for this. And I have loved every second since.

I can remember everyone being absolutely buzzed on the metro (train) home; and although I also was because of the fireworks, I was secretly planning. Thinking of names, how I wanted my little space on the internet to look, what kind of feel I wanted it to have; and I have to say even though I know I have some work to do; I’m pretty damn proud.

So there’s a little spec of my life for you all; I hope you enjoyed reading and looking at all the pictures of my bonfire night!

What did you do to celebrate bonfire night? Let me know in the comments!

Dotn forget to follow me on bloglovin’!


4 comments:

  1. I didn't go out or see any fireworks this year! :-( I do love the whole experience of going out to see a display tho. Managed to see a few from my bedroom window instead lol x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww no, at least you got to see some!!! Hope you still had a lovely night :) xx

      Delete
  2. Great post, congrats on the one year! I love fireworks night too but i'm biased - it's my birthday!

    Anoushka Probyn - A London Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you! Ooooh happy birthday for then, hope you had a lovely day!!xx

      Delete